Clinique iD Discovery Suite
Updated: Jul 13
Here's something different! Lucky me, I received an invitation to join the BEAUTYcrew x Clinique iD Discovery Suite event this week! It was such a fantastic experience that I would really like to share what I learned from it.
The event was held on a weekday night in Myer Pitt Street after it was closed. There were about 20 lucky participants, matched by a similar number of staff from both BEAUTYcrew and Clinique. The iD Discovery Suite was designed for us to learn more about the Clinique iD system and to find our match.
Clinique iD is based on a concept of customised skincare. There are 3 different moisturiser base and 5 active cartridge concentrate to choose from - altogether there are 15 possible combinations.
1. Dramatically Different™ Moisturizing Lotion +: for dry to dry combination skin
2. Dramatically Different™ Hydrating Jelly: for all skin type
3. Dramatically Different™ Oil-Control Gel: for oily combination to oily skin
1. Purple: contains whey protein for lines and wrinkles
2. Blue: contains AHAs (chemical exfoliants) for pores and uneven texture
3. Orange: contains taurine to revive fatigued skin
4. Green: contains Lactobacillus ferment to calm irritation
5. White: contains Japanese Angelica Root extract to brighten uneven skin tone
The Clinical Reality is a diagnostic tool to help us objectively identify our skin needs. Equipped with two bright lights on either side, every imperfection shows up on the screen.
Step 1 - I removed my foundation and aligned my face with the position shown on the screen. I realised that I had to stand very close to the screen... much closer than I wanted to because every pore and pigment looked magnified!
Step 2 - I stood very still while letting Clinical Reality having a good look at my skin. After a few seconds, Clinical Reality captured an image, ran its analysis algorithm and told me what was my primary skin concern.
Step 3 - There was an option for me to see how the other areas rank, so that I could also choose to address other problems instead.
Now I have to admit that I am very impressed with the Clinical Reality tool. My top 3 concerns are: dull skin, uneven texture (prone to milia and congested pores) and pigmentation. If I was to pick my own Clinique iD without the analysis, I would have picked Fatigue or Uneven Texture, followed by Uneven Skin Tone. I have accumulate a sleep debt ever since my daughter was born so it is not surprising that my skin looks fatigued. From time to time I am obsessed with getting rid of my pigmentation, but I know it is probably not as big an issue as my uneven texture. My lines & wrinkles are probably not serious enough to be called a concern as yet (touch wood!) and I am lucky enough to have fairly resilient, non-irritated skin. Clinical Reality accurately picked up all these problems in the very order that I rank them!
Step 4 - Choose a combination. Out of the 3 different moisturisers I prefer the moisturising jelly. It has a light, watery texture that is absorbed quickly, but enough to provide prolonged hydration.
Dramatically Different™ Hydrating Jelly + Active Cartridge Concentrate for Fatigue
Tips & pointers
My skincare consultant Kristy assembled the cartridge and the moisturiser. She applied 3 pumps on my skin. We discussed this product in length. She is very knowledgeable, and answered all the queries I had - this part of the consultation is so valuable which technology cannot yet replace:
1. For those who are already using a serum, this product is not meant to be a 2-in-1 to replace the need for a serum. The active cartridge concentrate is a booster to the moisturiser, making the moisturiser work harder.
2. However, for those who do not already use a serum or for those who want a quick and simple regimen, this is a great product to "incorporate" a "serum" into a moisturiser as it makes the moisturiser to target a specific concern.
3. The combined cartridge-moisturiser can be used before or after applying serum, depending on individual preference. Kristy likes to use the moisturising jelly before serum, whereas I like to use it after my serum but before facial oil.
How much does it cost
A 125mL Clinique iD retails for $65. Consultation is complimentary.
I was invited as a guest of BEAUTYcrew x Clinique iD Discovery Suite. I got to take home a complimentary Clinique iD for the purpose of writing a review on BEAUTYcrew. I have no obligation to publish this blog post. My opinion is honest.
Makeup artist and hair stylist based in Sydney. Founder of the well-known award-winning bridal specialist team Faces Makeup & Hair. Beauty junkie with an obsession for skincare.